Tuesday, December 7, 2010

(INTERVIEW) Lee Jong Suk





My name is Lee Jong-suk.

I was born on September 14, 1989. I am originally from Yong-in and I began to live on my own in Seoul since high school after entering a performing arts school.

I am the eldest of two sons and one daughter. My brother is two years younger than me and my sister is four years younger.It is really funny when I think about how we used to fight slapping each other's heads.

I'm very shy. I couldn't even raise my hand to do presentations in school.I'm usually the one who calls people up or visits them when I become close with someone.

I am really close with a senior, who is preparing to become a singer, from my high school and we usually eat out a lot near my house. Who pays? I always pay for us two. (Laugh)

My father was strict only towards me. I think he was displeased with me because I am the eldest and I am quiet and timid compared to my siblings.It's not as bad as it was before but I still can't look over to the main room when my father is there because he is scary.

There is nothing that I haven't learned to do when I was younger. I learned how to play the piano, do taekwondo, draw and play baduk [Korean chess]. I somewhat liked to play the piano but I was forced to take taekwondo lessons. I once got in a car accident on the way to taekwondo and I tore my cruciate ligament. I was glad thinking that I didn't have to go to taekwondo anymore but as soon as I was released from the hospital my father told me to go back. 

My brother ended up having to stay put and just study all the time because I got into a performing arts school without studying. I get all choked up and feel sorry towards my brother when he says "I haven't thought of anything else because I spent all my time studying." He would have been good in sports because he is taller than me (I'm 186 centimeters tall).He didn't do so well on his college entrance exam last year so he's studying to take them again.He's at an academy all the time and he comes home every once in a while so it feels like he's on leave from the military.

I thought I was the only grown up when I was in high school. I also drew a line from my friends, telling them that they are still young, and didn't hang out with them.I really regret doing that.I don't have any friends in my phone book that that I can call up for a cup of coffee.



I worked as a model for six years and my parents were extremely frustrated since its a job that doesn't involve that many TV appearances. I moved to Seoul on my own just to pursue my modeling career and there was a time when they [my parents] told me to just enter the military since I didn't have anything to show for what I have done. But they're really happy now.

My skin is on the white side and in order to look manly, I tried tanning but it didn't work out.I just turned red. Lately, I have been working out and when I take off my clothes you can see my muscles pumped out but since my body is really white...you can't really tell.

I went through a hard time last winter. I didn't meet any of my friends and just stayed home. I was accepted into an agency that was for actors but I didn't know what do because I didn't get a gig for three years. I just waited patiently.

I think my character Sun from SBS' drama "Secret Garden" will move in with Oscar (played by actor Yoon Sang-hyun). Personally, in order to increase my appearance on the show I hope that things work out between Oscar and Sun instead of with Yoon-seul (played by Kim Sa-rang). (Laugh)

The synchronization rate between Yoon Sang-hyun and his character Oscar is 100%. His voice and reactions are rather loud and he is the best at creating an amicable atmosphere on set. I heard that he even went around asking who Sun is even before I started going to the set for shoots.

I also keep getting caught up with Yoon's acting. Sun is someone who is quiet and will blurt out what he wants to say but I hadn't realized that my tone of voice was getting higher to become like Oscar's. Yoon advised me that I should speak more rudely and be less tense.


I don't sing in "Secret Garden." The person who actually sings is new singer Lenny. Sun's singing skills has to be extraordinary for Oscar to be enamored by it so I had received singing lessons since my singing isn't that great. But you don't become an expert in a day so we had to use a voice over singer. Many people like Sun's singing ability so I'm worried on how viewers will respond when they find out about this. 

I took the college entrance exam this year. I haven't gotten my results back yet but I want to major in something related to movies. I haven't had much experience in theater or this genre and I am interested in acting in a movie later so I feel that majoring in movies rather than theater will be better. 

Whenever I go in for my acting lessons my teacher says "Oh, the star is here" and when I miss classes because of my busy schedule she jokes around saying "Oh, how busy must our star be to skip out on classes?" It is because of the popularity of "Secret Garden" and every time she does that I ask her to stop. I get stressed out about it because I know that I am not that popular right now.

I get noticed by 2 out of 100 people when I'm walking down a street and they say "Oh? It's the guy from 'Secret Garden.'" But I haven't signed any autographs for them. I haven't come up with a signature yet because I didn't think I would be signing autographs anytime soon. (So when will you sign autographs?) When 80 out of 100 people notice who I am. (Laugh)


Credit Source: 10.Asia.co.kr

76 comments:

  1. wow, he is sounds very honest. I hope to see more of him soon~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for a new comer i felt your acting was really good. As for the looks, i think you really look gay. so may be you should do something about it so that you get more roles in the future. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't look gay. He is a perfect gentleman!

      Delete
  3. He's seems so cute ;) i really would like to see his face more often! loved him in secret garden keep up the good work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think he's really handsome n a good actor too...keep up da gud work n best of luck..he3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. autograph plzz:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think he is very handsome guy :*) I like him :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched Secret Garden, but I like his acting in School 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is toooooooo sweet!!!!!! Really, really sweet and cute! Could you pretend something like that??? Pretend it that well??? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that he is really talented. Keep on going!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweetheart! He writes/talks like one of my guy friends. Seems like a nice person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is a great actor i would say.. As we can see he did put a lot of effort on each movie/drama he is casting. I'm impressed with him not because he's good looking but is the way he act in the drama and he did catch our attention on the way he act. To me he is not good looking but he is charming.. Keep it up.. Wish to see more drama and movie from him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope to see Kim Woo Bin, Lee Jong Hyun (CNBLUE) and Lee Jong Suk in a drama. Maybe as three siblings. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  12. JongSukkiemyloves <33

    I never thought he was once a shy type. Awee~ cuuute :"">

    Done watching his I hear your voice, School 2013, Hot-blooded Youth, As one, No breathing & now I'm excited for his upcoming drama Dr. Stranger. OMG. ;">>

    Oppa!!!! ^.^ How I wish I could see you in reality. :'D

    -Nurs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. I am from the Philippines. I've watched your drama Secret Garden. Though your appearance is not that much, I think you really did well. I also like the way you dress, very cool, especially your red Converse shoes. In this interview, I've felt your sincerity. Hope to see you in your future Kdramas to be aired here in the Philippines. And also, you don't look GAY, you are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I'm a new fan, actually I've seen Secret Garden two times but I really haven't noticed your presence there. I love all your drama & movies. Your personality & talent is exceptional & reading your interview here makes me feel so proud of you as a fan and as a parent :-) ( coz I'm a mom of 2 daughters same as your age). I admire your positive spirit & endurance. Now, not only 80 people notice & waiting to get your autograph :-). I wish I could get one too. Congrats & more power keep up the good work. And you don't look gay :-) you are very handsome, talented & unique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lee Jong Suk is very a great actor.. i didn't think he is that shy after all his great movies. I saw his movie " I hear Your Voice" and guess what? i fall in love with him and i saw that movie more than 10 times. hahaha!! keep up the good work! by the way, im a filipino and i am no. 1 fan of yours.. i hope ill meet you soon in korea. SARANGHAE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oppa. Do you remember me? :o

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really interested with his personality based on his telling above. Hope that can know you better and let's be friend. If there would be any chance, hope that we could really be friend and becoming best friend ^^
    Keep fighting, Lee Jong Suk!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I first noticed LJS while browsing through YouTube. He has unusual beauty about him. At first glance I thought he is just another flower boy emerging in the Korean entertainment business - and might probably soon enough will fade as other flower boys will took over.

    But I soon realized I was wrong.

    After watching few of his dramas & movies, I realized he a quality to stay long in this industry because he is such a wonderful cameleon - he can pure yet cheeky, be cold yet warms up a room with his smile and serious yet comical. Great qualities as an actor.

    All the best to Lee Jong Suk and we fans will definitely support him all the way to the top! Fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. well, lee is a cool actor...seen your dramas-school 2013,pinnochio,secret garden, I hear your voice and i''ll say, he is my favourite Korean actor cause of the ''í don't care'' attitude he puts up and when I showed his pictures to some of my friends(I am a Nigerian), they said he was handsome....so keep it up dearie, I know I won't be able to see you ever-I admit it-so I hope to keep seeing more of your dramas.......goodluck -peace-

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG Doctor Stranger is my favorite-- my heart melts when seeing him in those surgery sterile scrub performing surgeries. So handsome and cute.
    To me-- i can't even tell that lee jong suk is acting-- that's how good of an actor he is. Continue the great work. Looking forward to watching many more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am from the Philippines my name is Desiree Macabulos. I've watched your drama i here your voice and Pinocchio.
    i really interested with his personality based on his interview.i Hope me met each other and i want you to be my best friend even if we are opposite nationality.
    i know it is impossible for me but i don't want to lost hope...i like u not because u are handsome i want you because you are honest and truth to your life...i hope we met each other..please continue on the ground of you attitude...oppah can we be friends :) saranghe oppah fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am from the Philippines my name is Desiree Macabulos. I've watched your drama i here your voice and Pinocchio.
    i really interested with his personality based on his interview.i Hope me met each other and i want you to be my best friend even if we are opposite nationality.
    i know it is impossible for me but i don't want to lost hope...i like u not because u are handsome i want you because you are honest and truth to your life...i hope we met each other..please continue on the ground of you attitude...oppah can we be friends :) saranghe oppah fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i wish that u can read this comment...
    i really want to see you

    ReplyDelete
  24. LJS i will come to Korea soon, i want to have a picture with you!!! let me start process my visa now

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really really like you,, when you come to indonesia?
    miss u oppa

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really really like you,, when you come to Indonesia?
    miss u oppa

    ReplyDelete
  27. i watch your drama Doctor Stranger and Pinocchio.when i first saw you in Doctor Stranger, my heart was melt.and then i watch all of your drama and you're really awesome!!!!!and i really want your autograph!!! hope we meet soon.love you forever.i'm your no.1 fan. "Oppa Saranghae"

    ReplyDelete
  28. At the first time, i really like and love an actor. And he is Lee Jong Suk <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey lee jong suk.. you are an amazing actor.. i never can tell if u are even acting..its so natural. And i first watched you in SECRET GARDEN...n i loved your acting...then i watched u in PINOCCHIO..and after that i ws totally in love wid u..so i watched I HEAR YOUR VOICE..ur role as park soo ha was simply mind blowing..so currently i am watching SCHOOL 2013...and its again so beautiful korean drana...keep up the good work..cheers from india!!! ♡♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. LJS i am from India, after watching your dramas i am totally in love with you:)
    You are sooooooooooooooo cute and my herart just melts after watching your acting.. awsome :) i am a big fan, you have so many friends here in india:) Opppa like to see you soon! Autograph plzzzzzzzz:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I seldom have crushes on Korean Actors. And you really got me there. Omg. I've stayed up till early morning to finish Pinocchio and I Can Hear Your Voice. Your smile is what I really like about you. I wish there were plenty of Korean here in the Philippines that resembles you. I hope to see you in the future. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. its love at first sight .. your the very first actor that i really admired in my entire life .. i wish to see you .. :'( .. God Bless on your career ..

    ReplyDelete
  33. 리 종 석 는 정말 대~박. 사랑 해요 ❤

    ReplyDelete
  34. U r Osm buddy .... Love from Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  35. I don't think he ever saw his huge popularity coming... I totally luv him n wish him the best for his future dramas W and made lovers... oops.. best of luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's jade lovers. And oopa...

      Delete
  36. Meu ator coreano favorito!
    (My favorite Korean actor)
    P.S: brazilian here!

    ReplyDelete
  37. He is opened and honest. Wishing you be a real actor my shining star. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  38. LEE JONG SUK IS BAE <3 hahaha for the first time I got really interested in korean dramas specially when I got to see the movie W gosh it was so great. If it wasn't because of my friends i wouldn't addicted to Lee Jong Suk. His the one who made me love Korean Dramas and I'm really thankful for that. I wish that someday when I have a job and I have a money I would really love to visit in Korea and hope to see you that is one of my goals to be achieved. But since I live here in Philippines and particularly still a grade 9 student I'am really eager to see you soon... For me your the most handsome boy I've ever seen and the best actor too which I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Belated happy birthday LEE JONG SUK <3

    ReplyDelete
  40. I hope you won't change (being sincere and sweet) and still meet your fans when you walk on the streets. <3 I really hope I can meet you soon! Wait for me, Jong Suk!!! <333 hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  41. The wait was worth it because every drama I saw you in is excellent and memorable. Even my daughter who only likes to draw would watch dramas with you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are such a talent Lee Jong Suk! You give so much justice to the characters you are portraying. You have this very appealing and charismatic smile. Your acting is very moving, I would even cry the whole night being so effected!I Hope and pray to see more of you in movies and tv series. Please come and visit your fans here in the Philippines too. We would love to show how loved you are here! Way to go Mr.LJS!!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  43. After watching W I come to love him and go gaga over him. He's damn cute and his look is hard resist, his signature smirk, the way he look and do facial expressions and his divided lips, it adds up to his addictive look. He looks good in every dress up (frankly it would really be hard for him tanning his skin as it is white as snow. Many celeb male actor like him are white but he's the whitest among all) ... I feel bad for him receiving military enlistment I mean he'll be gone for a couple of years.. we'll definitely miss him seeing and doing dramas :(

    Your such a talent Mr Lee :) you are charismatic and all. W is such a beautiful one (it made me cry and Gigle at the same time) you give justice to your role (Kang Chul) I salute you.

    Hope you'll visit Filipino fans (Philippines) you are loved by countless fans of yours. Godless
    #JiIreumunRemhaImnida��

    ReplyDelete
  44. I really really love your acting.keep up the good work.my favorite drama is i can hear your voice and also w-two worlds.😍🎇🎆.All the best for your upcoming dramas/movies.waiting to watch it.💝

    ReplyDelete
  45. Reading through this in 2018, my heart melts. This interview was when he's not famous yet but now he is one of the most popular hallyu star. Thumbs up for my love, you did a great job! I am so proud as a fan. Keep up the good work and please don't change stay as sweet and cute as you are right now. Saranghae Lee Jong Suk.

    ReplyDelete
  46. My heart melt❤ finally all your wishes come true jongsuk you deserve all the love and support... your so blessed.. look at you now everybody screaming out loud your name looks like they are dying
    To hold you and wishing to have and keep your autograph (check out Instagram of jongsuk) he is sooooo happy and blessed... he finally visited Philippines ❤🇵🇭 ....
    Im from Philippines and currently working here in Korea Last September 1 2018 I'm one of the lucky fangirl screaming at your fan meeting here in Seoul I can't understand the interview but doesn't matter hahhaha Feels like cloud9 😍 when I saw you Omaygosh 😂🙋‍♀️.... I can't believe my fantasy turns to Reality hhhaha hope to see you again Godbless you more lee jong suk....

    ReplyDelete
  47. Ur acting is completely natural.I nearly watched all ur kdramas n you just look flawless.Now it's nor 2 of 100 neither 80 but it's even more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am happy that you are a superstar now and getting lots of recognition left and right. Continue to soar high!

    ReplyDelete
  50. See you soon Jong suk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love you jong Sukkie

    ReplyDelete
  52. Just getting more information about you..wow my eyes setted here and I love it..I know more about you...

    ReplyDelete
  53. And now m with love with him .

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love him Very much. He is a nice person. 💖💖💖😘💐

    ReplyDelete
  55. 10 years later and Lee Jong suk is the most famous, gorgeous and talented actor I ever know 🥺✨

    ReplyDelete
  56. my favorite actor I am so proud of him he is so talented!

    ReplyDelete