Friday, August 19, 2011

JAY PARK, “THERE ARE A LOT OF IMPULSIVE SUICIDES. THERE IS NO MORE AFFECTION.”

Interview with “Beautiful Korea living together” for the suicide prevention campaign

 

Various media companies (omit) are conducting a suicide prevention campaign with “Beautiful Korea living together”. (omit) Singer Jay Park participated in this interview.

The suicide rate in Korea is number one around the world. What do you think about that?
-That’s a hard question. To my knowledge, there are people that choose to commit suicide due to economic issues but I also heard that there are a lot of people that impulsively choose to commit suicide due to mental illnesses or an illness of the mind. This would mean that the so-called “affection” has declined very much in our society. I wish that the society could become a little bit more compassionate.
What do you think our society needs in order to be suicide-free and full of hope and love? What kind of environment should our neighbors, friends, colleagues and ourselves create?
-I think that the most important thing is to look around ourselves. I believe that people who go down the extreme path of committing suicide usually choose that because they think they are alone. If we show even a little bit of love and pay attention, wouldn’t they try a bit harder to live for those people who reached out a hand to them?

Why do you think committing suicide is wrong?
-Suicide is not only a bad choice for the individual, but it’s worse to the people around them since they have to live with an unforgettable scar. Their family and friends may live in pain forever, thinking that they could not stop that person from committing suicide. How about the person gives a chance to the people around them before making such a choice?

How do you act daily in order to live a happy and a healthy life?
-It’s important to always keep in mind that I can’t do anything alone. I get energy just by reminding myself that there are always people around me that pray for and encourage me. Those people can be my friends, my family or colleagues. I try to live hard for those people and I think this kind of mind keeps me healthy.

Has anyone around you committed suicide or have experienced something similar? What efforts did they make to overcome the thought?
-Thankfully, there was no one around me that made such a radical choice. There should not be anyone. If there is someone around me that is thinking of making such a choice, I will stay by them and show them infinite love. I believe that love and attention are the most important.

Tell us how you have been doing recently.
-In October, the second movie I starred in, Mr. Idol, will be premiered. So I will be meeting the fans soon through the screens. I’m learning more about music through Immortal Song 2 – Singing the Legend, the program I’m currently appearing on. Of course, I am working hard on my album so I will soon reveal the singer Jay Park with a new album. Please anticipate it!

Reporter Kim Soo-Jin


SOURCE:Star News via Naver; TRANSLATOR: Lydia@JAYPARK.NET

PLEASE DO NOT ADD/REMOVE CREDITS. YOU MAY ONLY TAKE OUT WITH CREDITS TO JAYPARK.NET.

0 comments:

Post a Comment