Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lee Kwang Soo Doesn’t Want to Caricaturize Tourette’s Syndrome in “It’s Okay It’s Love”



Lee Kwang Soo revealed that he took studying Tourette’s syndrome very seriously.

On August 6, actor Lee Kwang Soo participated in a press conference for the SBS drama “It’s Okay, It’s Love” at a café in Seoul. He stated, “A lot of people worried after hearing that I was going to act as a person with Tourette’s syndrome.”

“I think the problem was that maybe the disorder could have been caricaturized.” He explained, “Especially since I took the role, they worried more. I also knew about these problems, so I tried harder to study the disorder.”

“I thought that the only thing I could do was to sincerely study the topic and act it out on set. I have been having many conversations with the director, writer, and fellow actors while filming.” He concluded with, “I hope that the story will become one of hope for the parents of students or people with Tourette’s syndrome.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment